1
1
When I think of people in this world who have really made a difference, I think of my parents.
当我在已经真的很重要的这一个世界想到人们,我想到我的父母。
They were truly saints among ordinary people.
他们真正是在平民百姓之中的圣徒。
I was one of the ten children my parents adopted.
我是这十个孩子之一我的父母被收养的。
They rescued each of us from a life of poverty and loneliness.
他们援救了贫穷和寂寞的生活的我们每一个。
They were hardly able to restrain themselves from bringing home more children to care for.
他们几乎无法从带来家照顾的较多的孩子抑制他们自己。
If they had had the resources ,they certainly would have.
假如他们有他们无疑地会有的资源。
Most people do not realize how much they appreciated someone until they pass away.
大多数人不了解他们感激多少某人,直到他们过世。
My sisters and brothers and I did not want this to happen before we uttered the words "Thank you" to our parents.
在我们对我们的父母发出了 " 谢谢你 " 那个字之前,我的姊妹和兄弟和我不想要这发生。
Although we have all grown up and scattered about the country, we got back together to thank our parents.
虽然我们全部已经关于国家长大而且散布,但是,我们回来了一起谢谢我们的父母。
My brother Tom undertook the task of organizing the event.
我的兄弟汤姆着手了组织事件的任务。
Every Friday night, Mom and Dad have had the ham dinner special at the same restaurant for the last twenty years.
每个星期五夜晚,妈妈和爸爸已经有火腿晚餐特别的在相同的餐馆最后二十年。
That is where we waited without their knowing.
那是我们在没有他们的了解下等候的地方。
When we first caught a glimpse of them coming across the street, we all hid underneath a big table.
glamour当我们最初在街道各地瞥见他们来临,我们全部在一张大桌子的下面藏。
When they entered, we leapt out and shouted, "Thank you, Mom and Dad."
当他们进入,我们跳跃出而且呼喊, "谢谢你,妈妈和爸爸. "
My brother Tom presented them with a card and we all hugged.
我的兄弟汤姆给他们一张卡片了,而且我们全部拥抱。
My Dad pretended that he had known we were under the table all along.
我的爸爸假装他认识我们是在桌子之下完全地向前。
2
2
Women who exercise regularly need to be careful with what they eat.
经常地练习的女人需要当小心的与他们吃的。
Researchers have found evidence that even moderate exercise can result in losing iron.
研究员发现证据「甚至适度的练习能造成损失铁」。
They said that women who exercise regularly, especially in endurance  activities, typically lose iron.
他们说经常地练习,尤其是在忍耐活动中的女人,典型地失去铁。
In order to prevent this from becoming a problem, it is important that those women consume more meat or take supplements to replace the iron lost.
为了要阻止这成为一个问题,很重要的是,那些女人消费较多的肉或者采取补充物代替不见的铁。
Those who do not bother to get plentiful amounts of iron may begin to feel weak and tired.
不烦扰拿的人们许多量铁可能开始觉得弱、疲累。
"If you can get the recommended daily allowance  of iron in your diet, you will probably perform better," said one diet specialist.
" 如果你能拿你的饮食的被推荐的铁的每日定量,你或许将会运行得更好 " ,一个饮食专家说。
"One shortcoming of taking iron pills is that the pill form is not well absorbed  and can sometimes make you sick.
”一个拿铁药丸的缺点是药丸形式不很好被吸收而且能有时让你不舒服。
It is preferable that you try to remedy  the deficiency by getting more iron-rich meats in your diet.
是较好的是,你试着藉由拿你的饮食的比较铁丰富的肉缺乏。
"
There are ways to help your body store away the iron it takes in.
有方法要帮助你的身体储存它拿的铁在。
By getting plenty of Vitamin C, your body is able to process , or use, the iron better.
藉由得到许多维他命 C ,你的身体能够处理,或使用,铁改善。
Researchers acknowledge  that everyone's body is different and the problem will be less serious for some.
研究员承认每个人身体是不同的,而且问题将会对一些比较不严重。
Because it is impossible to decide whether or not this could be a problem for you, health specialists say it is advisable to check your iron levels.
因为决定是不可能的,是否健康专家说检查你的铁水平是适当的,这可能是你的一个问题。
Even when you can't feel it, you may still have a problem
即使当你不能感觉它,你可能仍然有一个问题
3
3
While many private schools are focusing more on values, public schools are moving toward testing standards.
许多私人的学校正在集中在价值方面的更多,不过公立学校正在向测试标准前进。
The national government demands academic success and tests are taken as a key measurement for a school's performance.
国家的政府要求学院的成功和测试当做学校表现的一个主要测量被参加。
Schools with low test scores face penalties such as a reduction in money to run their schools.
学校用低的测验分数面对处罚,像是在钱的减少,经营他们的学校。
And, even individual teachers are being graded on how they're preparing their students for these tests.
并且,甚至个别的老师在他们如何正在为他们的学生这些测试做准备上被定等级。
"We have concentrated too much on teaching the kids how to take these tests," commented one elementary school teacher.
" 我们已经关于教小孩该如何参加这些测试集中太多 ",批评一位小学老师。
"We should be providing a more comprehensive curriculum to these kids.
”我们应该提供一个比较广泛的课程给这些小孩。
We should be cultivating leadership and curiosity.
我们应该培养领导和好奇心。
Unfortunately, there is never time.
不幸地,从不有时间。

版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系QQ:729038198,我们将在24小时内删除。