辨析:gape, gaze, glare, peer, stare
同:均含有“看”的意思。
异:1.gape
to stare at sb/sth with your mouth open because you are shocked or surprised
张口结舌地看;目瞪口呆的凝视
强调一种吃惊的状态、常有发呆的意味。
eg. The children gaped at the big elephant in the zoo. 在动物园,孩子们张大了嘴巴呆呆地看着大象。
Tourists gaped at the animal keeper feeding meat to the lions.
游客们目不转睛地看着饲养员给狮子喂肉。
1.gaze
to look steadily at sb/sth for a long time,either because you are very interested or surprised,or because you are thinking of sth else
凝视;注视;盯着
指出于好奇、感兴趣而长时间目不转睛地看。
eg.She gazed at him in amazement.
她惊异地注视着他。
We gazed at the rough sea lost in thought.
我们凝视波涛汹涌的大海,陷入沉思。
She gazed at her beautiful new diamond ring.
她凝视着自己的这颗美丽崭新的钻戒。
2.glare
to look at sb/sth in an angry way
怒目而视、敌视或仇视
强调怀有敌意或在气愤的情绪下看。
eg.He didn't shout,he just glared at me silently.
他没有喊叫,只是默默地怒视着我。
4.peer
to look closely or carefully at sth,especially when you cannot see it clearly
指眯起眼睛仔细看,尤指看不清楚的情况下;端详
eg.Being somewhat short-sighted, she has the habit of peering at people.
peer因为有点近视,她有眯着眼睛看人的习惯。
5.stare
to look at sb/sth for a long time ,especially with surprise or fear ,or because you are thinking
尤指吃惊、害怕或深思地盯着看、凝视、注视
eg. I screamed and everyone stared.
我尖叫一声,众人都盯着我看。
版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系QQ:729038198,我们将在24小时内删除。
发表评论