Hey, uh, who's free tonight?  今晚谁有空
- Oh, I think - Hang on.  -我应该有...  -别急
We've made this mistake before.  我们犯过这个错误
It's how we wound up at his cousin Deepak's Tupperware party.  害自己身陷他亲戚迪帕克的特百惠直销派对
Hey, you use that collapsible bowl all the time,  当时会上买的折叠碗你少用了吗
and you know it.  你自己心里清楚
And it's not like that.  而且这次不是那样
I just thought we could, you know, hang out and go to a bar.  我只是想我们可以聚一起  去酒吧什么的
- Sure. - ??Sounds fun.  -行吧  -感觉可以
And watch cricket.  然后看板球比赛
And watch cricket.  板球是印度最流行的运动之一
That sound you hear, ironically, crickets.  现在听到的声音  很讽刺的也是蟋蟀[板球]
Hey, guys.  大伙们
Hey, Bert, how you doing?  伯特  你好吗
Well, you know,  你懂的
we geologists always get a little sad when Rocktober's over.  每当"石"月过了  我们地质学家都会有点伤心
- Wordplay?  - Yes.  -文字哏吗  -对
Funny wordplay?  好笑的文字哏吗
What do you think?  你觉得呢
Trust your gut.  相信你的直觉
Sheldon, I've got these four-billion-year-old meteorites.  谢尔顿  我有一些40亿年前的陨石
I thought maybe they'd show signs of neutrino interactions.  我觉得或许能到中微子交互作用的痕迹
I could really use someone like you  我真的很需要你这样的人才
to help me with the math.  来帮忙计算部分
Oh, so they would act as natural dark matter detectors.  所以它们能当做是天然的暗物质探测器
That sounds interesting.  感觉很有意思
It does, but it's still geology.  是啊  但始终还是地质学
Sorry, Bert, I don't have time to play rocks with you.  抱歉了  伯特  我没空跟你玩石头
I'm not asking you to play rocks.  我不是你来玩石头
I'm asking you to collaborate on a research project.  是来你合作研究项目
Although, if there's time,  不过如果有时间
I guess we could play a round of zinc, zinc, piece of quartz.  我们可以玩挖矿桌游"矿藏"
Does sound better than cricket.  感觉比看板球有意思多了
Thank you for asking.  谢谢你的邀请
Unfortunately, I have real science to do.  但很抱歉  我有真正的科学工作要做
But you feel free to rock on.  祝你石石快乐  石来运转
That's how you do it.  这才叫玩转文字哏
All right.  好吧
Sheldon, what are you doing?  谢尔顿  你这是干嘛呢
Bert's one of the top guys in his field.  伯特好歹也是他领域的顶尖人物
And somewhere there's a mime who's top in his field,  世上某处也有个哑剧界一霸呢
but you don't see me rushing to collaborate with him  你有看到我冲过去跟他合作演出
on new ways to be stuck in a box.  新版的被困在空气盒子里表演吗
Also something I would watch instead of cricket.  又一个比板球更吸引我的东西
Hello.  你好啊
Hey, Sheldon.  谢尔顿
I've been thinking about it,  我心里琢磨了一阵子
and I suppose I-I could help you with your research.  我想我可以来帮忙你的研究
What changed your mind?  是什么让你改变了心意
record是什么意思中文Bert, I'm a gift horse.  伯特  当人家送你马
Don't look me in the mouth.  检查马牙口是很不礼貌的
Sorry. I'm happy you want to help out.  是我不好  我很高兴你愿意帮忙
If it's easier for you, we could just work at your office.  如果这里不方便  我们可以去你办公室
No, no, no, not my office, no.  不不不  不去我办公室
Uh, let's-let's do it here,  就在这里吧
in-in the evenings, after everyone's gone home.  晚上再开工  等大家都回家后
I just have to see if my evenings are free.  那我得看看我晚上有没有空
That's a joke. They are.  那是玩笑话  我有空
Okay. Well, then I will see you tonight.  好的  那我们今晚见
Well, you know what?  其实呢
Close the blinds. We can start right now.  关上百叶窗  我们现在就能开工
I don't get how you can enjoy cricket.  我真不懂板球哪里有趣了
It makes no sense.  毫无逻辑可言
Did you just come here to complain?  你来就是为了唧唧歪歪吗
Yeah. That's the sport of my people.  对啊  那是我们犹太人热衷的运动
Ooh, that's Ravichandran Ashwin. He's amazing.  那个人是罗微查得兰·阿湿文  他超厉害
He makes Hardik Pandya look like Bhuvneshwar Kumar.  能把哈迪克·庞德亚变得跟波文尼什瓦·库玛一样
Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa, save some syllables for the rest of us.  喂喂喂  给我们其他人取名时留点字用吧
Hey, I think that's Bernadette's friend over there.  那边那个好像是伯纳黛特的朋友
Oh, yeah.  是啊
Hey, Ruchi!  如琪
I-I hope this isn't awkward.  希望不会太尴尬
The last time we met, I kind of embarrassed myself.  上次我跟她见面  我有点丢人
Let's see if you can go two for two.  看看你这次会不会也丢人
- Hey, guys. - ?Hey.  -你们好啊  -你来啦
Hi. ?Are you here by yourself?  你自己一个人来吗
Yeah, I couldn't convince anyone to come watch cricket with me.  对啊  我说服不了任何人来陪我看
Tell me about it. I had to drag this guy.  可不是嘛  我也是硬拉他来的
You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like.  欢迎你加入我们一起看啊
Thanks.  谢谢啊
Arre uske taang pay ball kar!  阿力乌丝科当配波卡
What'd she say?  她说什么
Uske taang pay ball kar.  乌丝科当配波卡
Oh, that clears that up.  你一说我就"懂"了
Well, no, she's telling the bowler to bowl a yorker.  不是啦  她是在叫投球手投脚前球
It's the most brutal ball in cricket.  是板球里最凶的一种球
I was at the match when Shoaib bowled back-to-back yorkers.  我去了巴基斯坦球星肖波连投俩脚前球的比赛
Well, I was there, too! What a coincidence!  我也去了呢  真是缘分啊

版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系QQ:729038198,我们将在24小时内删除。