1) They had been in the capital for three days, but had remained in seclusion. 他们来首都已经三天,但一直没有露面。
2) Like hell I will agree. 见你的鬼!我才不会同意呢。
3) The spectacle was so dazzlingly beautiful that it beggared description. 这场面令人眼花缭乱,美得无法形容。
4) Take it or leave it. 买不买随便。
5) Some friend you are! You won’t even lend me£2. 你太不够朋友,连2磅钱都不肯借给我。
postman的中文翻译6) His whole mission smells. 他的整个使命气味不对。
7) Herb may be dying somewhere, calling out for his mum and dad and only strangers round him。 赫布也许在某个地方奄奄一息,呼喊自己的父母亲,可是周围连一个亲人也没有。
8) After the quarrel she gave me the go-by. 吵架之后他就不理我了
9) Please tender exact fare. 恕不零
10) He dived into the water fully clothed and rescued the child. 他一件衣服都没脱就跳入水中去救那个孩子
11) “I have read your articles.I expect to meet an old man.” “我读过你的文章,没想到你这样年轻。”
12) Oh stop fumbling. I’ll finish the top buttons for you. 别笨手笨脚的乱摸了。我来替你把最上边的那个扣子扣好
13) Don’t be a damned fool. Remember I’m not a gentleman. I know how to use my fists. 别犯傻,我可不是正人君子,我的拳头可不是吃素的
14) I hate to get personal, but you are much older than Byron.我不想管别人的私事,不过你比拜伦年长多了
15) My father will kill me when he finds it out, but I don’t care. 要是让我父亲发现了,他肯定饶不了我,不过我不在乎。
16) His book is strictly for the birds. 他的书根本不值一读
17) He was easily elated by success and deflated by failure. 他经不起成功,也经不起失败
18) Opportunity knocks but once. 机不可失,失不再来
19) Imagine that. So you’re a navy officer now. 没想到你现在成了一名海军军官了
20) Fancy meeting you here! 没想到会在这儿见到你
21) A dose of poison can do its work only once, but a book can go on poisoning people’s minds for any length of time. 一剂毒药只能起一次作用,一本坏书却可以无限期地毒害人们的思想。
22) Their opposition kept the amendment two votes shy of the 67 needed for approval. 由
于他们投了反对票,该修正案以2票之差未能获得所需的67票而没有通过。
23) Before I could say “thank you”,the postman had disappeared around the corner.我还没来得及说声“谢谢”,邮递员已经在拐角处不见了。
24) You cannot praise the play too highly。这出戏你怎么称赞也不过分。
25) Not all minerals come from mines. 并非所有矿物都来自矿山。
26) Both of the substances do not dissolve in water. 不是两种物质都溶于水。
27) You couldn’t turn on the television without seeing a woman demonstrating a lipstick. 你一打开电视机,准会看到一个女人在演示涂唇膏。
28) We must never stop taking an optimistic view of life. 我们对生活要永远抱乐观态度。
29) There can be no sunshine without shadow有阳光就有阴影。
30) Keep off the grass. 不要践踏草坪
31) The soldiers would fight to death before they surrendered. 战士们宁愿战死也决不投降。
32) Behave yourself during my absence.我不在时要规矩点。
33) He was an indecisive sort of person and always capricious. 他这个人优柔寡断,而且总是反复无常。
34) The above facts insist on the following conclusions上述事实使人们不能不得出以下结论。
35) Slips are scarcely avoidable when you’re new to your work工作没有经验,出点差错,在所难免。
36) There are two aspects to everything; to say there is only one is to be aware of one aspect and to be ignored of the other.任何事物都有两点,说只有一点叫知其一不知其二。
37) The meeting were marked by such an absence of lively discussions that at times they were almost on the point of breaking up.会议开得冷冷清清,有时甚至开不下去了。
38) The scientists made a solemn pledge at the conference,saying,“ We’ll for ever live up to what our Party expects of us.” 科学家们在会上庄严地保证说:“我们决不辜负党对我们的期望。”
39) The evidence is conclusive,excluding all possibilities of doubt.证据确凿,毋庸置疑。
40) Mr.White has refrained from making any official comment on the coup in that country.怀特先生并没有对该国的发表正式评论。
41) All graduates from the Foreign Languages Institutes will not be appointed to do translation work.外语院校的毕业生并非人人被分配去做翻译工作。
42) All that flatter you too much are not faithful friends.捧你的人并非都是你的忠实朋友。
43) Time is what we want most, but what, alas, many use worst. 时间是我们最缺少的,但可叹的是,偏偏许多人最不善于利用。
44) There is no rule that has no exception. 任何规则都有例外。
45) It never rains but it pours. 不雨则已,雨必倾盆。
46) Its significance and importance can never be overemphasized. 它的意义和重要性,不管怎样强调,也不算过分。
47) As the saying goes, “Men only weep when deeply hurt.”俗话说:“男儿有泪不轻弹,皆因未到伤心处”
版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系QQ:729038198,我们将在24小时内删除。
发表评论