美剧《纸牌屋》经典台词中英对照
Friends make the worst enemies.
反目的朋友才是你最可怕的敌人。
There is no solace above or below. Small, solitary,battling one another.I pray to myself, for myself.
天堂地狱都没法给你慰藉,只有我们自己,渺小,孤独,奋斗,与彼此抗争,我向自己祈祷,为自己祈祷。
There is but one rule: Hunt or be hunted.
只有一条规矩,成为狩猎者,或者成为猎物。
Powers a lot like real estate.Its all about location, location, location.The closer you are to the source,the higher your property value.
权力就像房地产,位置是所有的一切,你离中心越近,你的财产就越值钱。
There’s no better way to overpower a trickle of doubt than with a flood of naked truth.
打破疑虑最好的利器,莫过于赤裸裸的事实。
Nothing can help us endure dark times better than our faith.
没什么比信仰更能支撑我们度过艰难时光了。
Treading water's the same as drowning for people like you and me.
勉强生存,与死无异。
Not everyone can be on the right side of history.
sort of there是什么意思不是每个人都能站在历史的正确一方。
So be it.
顺其自然。
The nature of promises is that they remain immune to changing circumstances.
所谓承诺,就是无论环境如何变化也不受影响。
Sometimes the only way to gain your superior's respect is to defy him.
有些时候,想要赢得上司的尊重,就只能违抗他。
I love that woman. I love hermore than sharks love blood.
我爱那个女人,胜过鲨鱼爱鲜血。
What is faith? If it doesn't endure when we are tested the most?
信仰是什么?不就是在考验最严峻时依旧能坚持到底吗?
Decisions based on emotion aren’t decisions at all .They are instincts.
凭感情做的决定不叫决定,叫直觉。
I do not want to assume,I want to know.
我不要假设,我要最终答案。
我不要假设,我要最终答案。
A person's character isn't determined by how he or she enjoys victory, but rather how he or she endures defeat.
一个人的品行不取决于这人如何享受胜利,而在于他如何忍受失败。
There are two kinds of pain.
The sort of pain that makes you strong or
The sort of pain that's only suffering.
I have no patience for useless things.
痛苦分两种,一种让你变得更强,另一种毫无价值,只是徒添折磨。我对没有价值的东西也没有耐心。
Politics requires sacrifice. The sacrifice of others, of course.
政治需要牺牲。当然,是别人的牺牲。
How is it the world keeps spinning and you manage to stay ahead of it
为何世界瞬息万变,你却总能走在前面?
为何世界瞬息万变,你却总能走在前面?
Power's a lot like real estate.It's all about location,location, location.The closer you are to the source,the higher your property value.
权力正如地产,位置是重中之重,你离中心越近,你的财产就越值钱。
Grief demands an answer, but sometimes there isn't one.
悲伤让人想要答案,但有时真的就没有。
悲伤让人想要答案,但有时真的就没有。
Such a waste of talent.He chose money over power.In this town, a mistake nearly everyone makes.Money is the McMansion in Sarasota that starts falling apart after ten years.Power is the old stone building that stands for centuries.
真是浪费啊,为了钱而放弃权利,这个城市里 几乎人人都犯了这个错。金钱是萨拉索塔的巨无霸豪宅,保质期就只有十年,权力是古老的石砌建筑,能屹立数百年。
Once someone is exposed.They're at your mercy.
一个人的目的一旦暴露,他们就得听你发落。
The rational and the irrational complement each other. Individually, they are far less powerful.
理性和非理性是互补的。两者分开的话,力量就会小很多。
What are we supposed to do in the face of so much senseless pain And he said to me,“What else can we do but take what seems meaningless and try to make something meaningful from it”
在这些无意义痛苦面前,我们该怎么做? 他告诉我:“除了从无意义的事中,尽力挖掘出 一些有意义的东西,我们还能做什么呢?”
Take a step back,look at the bigger picture. That's how you devour a whale,Doug,one bite at a time.
退后一步,统观全局,吞噬鲸鱼就要这,一次一口,才能把整只鲸鱼吞下。
Forward! That is the battle cry.Leave ideologies for the Armchair General,does me no good.
勇往直前这是我的作战口号,纸上谈兵那一套于我无益。
You are never to dictate what I can and cannot do. The only two words I want to hear from you when I ask you to do something are "Yes" and "Sir."
我能做什么不能做什么,你管不着。我吩咐你做事的时候,只想听到两个词,"是的"和"先生"。
Proximity to power deludes some into believing they wield it. I put an end to that sort of thinking before it begins.
接近权力让一些人错以为他们拥有权力。我要把这种错觉扼杀在萌芽中。
Sometimes you have to sacrifice the one for the many.
有时候必须为大我牺牲小我。
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.
登上高峰后,你会发现还有更多的山峰要翻越。
A man is not old until his regrets take place of his dreams.
只有当遗憾取代了梦想,人才算老。
Nothing can help us endure dark times better than our faith.
没有什么比信念更能支撑我们度过艰难的时光了。
Of course we should enjoy our success and be grateful for it. But never let your gratitude sour into pride.
我们当然应该享受成功并心怀感激,但千万不要让感激变为骄傲。
It’s not respect but fear that motivates a man; that’s how empires are built and revolutions begin.
激励一个人的不是他对别人的钦佩而是恐惧。在这种恐惧的激励下,帝国诞生了,革命爆发了。
But you wanna know what takes real courage. Keeping your mouth shut ,no matter what you might be feeling. Holding it all together when the stakes are this high.
版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系QQ:729038198,我们将在24小时内删除。
发表评论