大一英语期末复习
Unit 3
课文斜线部分翻译
Or the time a few years later, when my hair turned out pink for my senior prom and she’d held me while I cried.
又如几年以后,我的发型在高中毕业舞会显得不太合时宜,母亲让我在她怀中哭泣。
She was unusually solemn and took me by surprise when she asked me, “Who will you bring here after I’m gone?”
她的神情异常严肃,出乎意料地问我道:“我死了以后,你会带谁来?”
I gave her one of my arched-eyebrow inquiries, then smiled.
我皱起了眉头,狐疑地看了她一眼,然后微微笑了。
A couple of blue birds squawked nearby
附近,几只蓝背鸟在嘎嘎叫着
I think I had known for quite a while but had not been willing to admit it to myself.
我想这个情况我已经知道一段时间了,只是一直不愿面对。
We talked about her options, which were few; we cried, held each other and wished for more time together.
我们讨论了一下她的方案,其实也是寥寥无几。我们哭了,拥抱在一起,只愿能有更多的时间在一起。
He hemmed and hawed for a few minutes, then he finally told me he was getting married.I cried tears of joy as my son hugged me-----his hug a rare and special treat.
他嗯嗯呀呀了好几分钟,终于告诉我他要结婚了。我流下了快乐的泪水,儿子拥抱着我,他的拥抱可是难得又特别的。
As I sat there that cool April afternoon soaking up the sun and the smell of freshly mown grass, I felt I had come full circle under this giant pine tree.
在那个凉爽的四月午后,沐浴在阳光中,呼吸着新剪的青草味道,我坐在那里,觉得自己回到了原地,就在这棵巨大的松树下。
Unit 4
课文斜线部分翻译
Word passes quickly in small Vermont towns.
在佛蒙特州的小城镇里话传得很快。
I wondered how I would ever fit in with my teenage friends.
我不知道自己怎样才能融入我那些少年朋友的圈子。
I hated being followed by my father's good name.
我讨厌父亲的好名声像影子一样跟着我。
I survived my last years of high school until finally I turned eighteen.
我好不容易挨过高中,总算满了十八岁。
I'd give anything to be called my father's child.
要是有人把我叫做我父亲的孩子,我愿为此付出一切!
I had become popular in my own right, without my father's help.
我没有靠父亲,而是靠自己的本事贏得了众人的欢心。
My father agreed, but not without his usual warning, "
父亲同意了,但跟往常一样提醒我,
My mind was wandering.
我的心在徘徊。
Why didn't you look where you were going?"
你开车难道不看路吗?
Unit 5
课文斜线部分翻译
This reveals the social side of their personality, and there are plenty of variations.
这是人们的个性在社交方面的体现,其表现形式多种多样。
The emotional, social, and intellectual traits of personality become apparent to others through behavior.
人们的情感、社交和智力的个性特征通过行为明显地表达出来。
the full depth of that person's personality.
那人性格的全部深度。
Since Todd's father died when the boy was only a year old, heredity explains the resemblances, for evidently, Todd has had no opportunity to learn these traits from his father.
父亲去世时托德才一岁,所以这种性格相似只能归因于遗传,因为托德显然没有机会从他的父亲那里学到这些特征。
That is why divorce is a harmful social practice that often exerts a negative effect on the growth of young children.
这就解释了为什么离婚是一种有害的社会行为,它对儿童的成长产生负面的影响。
Most people have at least some personality adjustments they would like to make.
多数人都想在个性方面做出一些调整。unable
Unit 3
翻译
1. 我们是好朋友,可他居然将这么大的一件事瞒着我,实在令我吃惊。(keep sth. from,take sb. by surprise)
We are good friends; however, he kept such an important matter from me, which took me by surprise.
2. 在毕业典礼(commencement)上,她感到喉头哽咽,但她仍然忍住了泪水。(a lump in one’s throat,fight back)
At the commencement, she felt a lump in her throat but fought back her tears.
3. 汤姆昨晚和我聊天,他告诉我他的病已经得到控制,不需做外科手术。(chat with,
under control)
Tom chatted with me last night. He told me that his disease had been brought under control, and there was no need for surgery.
4. 听说她的车驶离了公路,她的父母担心得要命。(run off,be worried sick)
His parents were worried sick when they knew that she had run off the highway.
5. 她愁容满面,不知有何心事。(on one’s mind)
She looks very worried; I wonder what’s on her mind.
6. 他是个害羞和安静的男孩,在走上讲台讲叙自己的经历之前,他悄悄地坐在礼堂(auditorium)的一角整理着思绪。(gather one’s thoughts)
He is a shy and silent boy. Before he went onto the stage to share his expenses, he sat quietly in a corner of the auditorium, gathering his thoughts.
7. 在乐队干了几年后,他又做回了独立音乐人(solo musician),于是他的事业又回到了原点。(come full circle,career)
After several years of working in a band, he has now gone back to being a solo musician, so his career has come full circle.
8. 自己的儿子长成了一个能干的生意人,他总算放心了。(turn into,to one’s relief)To h
is relief his son has turned into a capable businessman.
Unit 4
翻译
1) Many teachers frowned on this practice
很多老师这种做法。
2)An old man glared at me when I was trying to cut across the lawn
当我想从草地上穿过去的时候,有位老人在旁边怒视着我。
3) When I mentioned my father, she showed a smile of recognition on her face. 当我提到我的父亲时,她的脸上露出了认出我的笑容。
4) My older child was quite obedient, whereas my younger child was very stubborn.
I can still recall now how the younger child insisted on going abroad to study after he finis
hed his secondary school.

版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系QQ:729038198,我们将在24小时内删除。