第一季四集: The Luminous Fish Effect
—Sheldon: you know, I've been thinking about time travel again。 | 我最近一直在想着时光旅行。 |
-Leonard:Why, did you hit a roadblock with invisibility | 为什么,你又撞上看不见的路障了 |
—Sheldon: Put it on the back burner。 | 暂时先不说那个。 |
Anyway, it occurs to me if I ever did perfect a time machine, | 我想到如果我发明了完美的时间机器, |
I would just go into the past and give it to myself, | 我会回到过去把它送给自己, |
thus eliminating the need for me to invent it in the first place. | 省得要自己发明它。 |
—Leonard:Interesting。 | 有趣。 |
—Sheldon: Yeah, it really takes the pressure off. | 是啊,让我减压不少。 |
—Leonard:Sounds like a breakthrough. | 听起来像是个大突破。 |
Should I call science magazine and tell them to hold the cover | 要我打电话给科学杂志让他们留下头版的位置吗 |
—Sheldon: It’s time travel, Leonard; I will have already done that. | 这可是时间旅行,Leonard 过去的我已经做过了。 |
—Leonard:Then I guess congratulations are in order。 | 那就等着祝贺你啦。 |
-Sheldon: No, congratulations will have been in order. | 不,过去的你已经祝贺过我了。 |
You know, I am not going to enjoy this party. | 我肯定在派对上不会开心的。 |
—Leonard:I know, I’m familiar with you。 | 我知道,我了解你。 |
-Sheldon: The last department party, professor Finkleday cornered me and talked about spelunking for 45 minutes. | 上次系里的派对Finkleday教授抓着我谈了45分钟的窑洞挖掘。 |
—Leonard:Yes, I was there。 | 我也在场。 |
—Sheldon: You know what's interesting about caves, Leonard | 你知道窑洞有什么好玩的吗,Leonard |
—Leonard:What | 什么 |
—Sheldon: Nothing. | 什么也没有。 |
-Leonard:Well, then we'll avoid Finkleday, we'll meet the new department head, | 那我们躲开他,我们会见到新的系主任. |
congratulate him, shake his hand and go。 | 恭喜他,跟他握手,然后就走。 |
—Sheldon: How’s this | 这样如何 |
Pleased to meet you, Dr。 Gablehauser. | 见到你很高兴,Gablehauser博士。 |
"How fortunate for you that the university's chosen to hire you,” | 您真幸运,学校雇用了您, |
despite the fact "that you've done no original research in 25 years, | 尽管您25年来都没做出什么原创研究, |
”and instead have written a series of popular books " | 而是写了一系列畅销书, |
that reduce the great concepts of science to a series of anecdotes, | 将科学这一伟大的概念降格为奇闻轶事, |
”each one dumb down to accommodate the duration of an average bowel movement。” | ”每则故事都简单到能在一次肠部运动的时间内看完” (就是厕所读物) |
Mahalo. | Mahalo (夏威夷语的谢谢)。 |
—Leonard:Mahalo is a nice touch。 | Mahalo是不错的修饰。 |
—Sheldon: You know there only eight consonants in the Hawaiian language | 你知道夏威夷语里只有8个辅音吗 |
-Leonard:Interesting。 You should lead with that. | 有趣,你就这么做开场白吧。 |
-Raj:Oh, god, look at this buffet. | 瞧瞧这自助餐。 |
I love America. | 我爱美国。 |
—Leonard:You don't have buffets in India | 印度没自助餐吗 |
-Raj:Of course, but it’s all Indian food。 | 有,但都是印度菜. |
You can't find a bagel in Mumbai to save your life。 | 在孟买你可不到能救命的面包圈。 |
Smear me。 | 给我涂点酱。 |
—Sheldon: Well, here’s an interesting turn of events. | 事态的发展真是有趣。 |
—Leonard:What | 怎么了 |
Howard brought a date | Howard带了女伴 |
-Sheldon: A more plausible explanation is that his work in robotics has made an amazing leap forward. | 可能是他在机器人方面的研究取得了重大进展。 |
—Howard:Hey, what up, science bitches | 怎样,科学怪人们 |
May I introduce my special lady friend Summer | 这位是我特别的女性朋友Summer。 |
-Woman:Howard, I told you touching is extra。 | Howard我说了碰我要加钱的。 |
-Howard:Right。 Sorry。 | 好,抱歉. |
—Leonard:Here comes our new boss. Be polite。 | 我们的新老板来了,礼貌点。 |
—boss:Hi, fellas. | 大家好。 |
Eric Gablehauser。 | 我是Eric Gablehauser. |
-Howard:Howard Wolowitz。 | 我是Howard Wolowitz. |
-boss:Howard, nice to meet you. And you are | Howard,见到你很高兴。你是 |
-Sheldon: An actual real scientist. | 一个真正的科学家. |
How was that | 这个开场白怎样 |
I can’t believe he fired me。 | 我不敢相信他开除我了. |
—Leonard:Well, you did call him a glorified high school science teacher | 你说他是被捧出来的高中理科老师。 |
whose last successful experiment was lighting his own farts. | 还说他上一次成功的试验是点燃了自己的屁。 |
-Sheldon: In my defense, I prefaced that by saying, ”with all due respect。" | 但我之前说了”恕我直言". |
-Leonard:Morning。 | 早. |
-Sheldon: Morning. | 早。 |
—Leonard:You’re making eggs for breakfast | buffet的意思中文 今天早餐你做鸡蛋吃 |
—Sheldon: This isn't breakfast, it's an experiment. | 这不是早餐,这是试验。 |
-Leonard:’Cause it looks a lot like breakfast. | 但看起来很像早餐。 |
—Sheldon: I finally have time to test my hypothesis about the separation of the water molecules | 我终于有时间验证我的理论,从蛋白质总分离水分子 |
through the egg proteins and its impact vis-a—vis taste。 | 以及它对口感的影响。 |
-Leonard:Sounds yummy。 | 听起来真开胃. |
I look forward to your work with bacon. | 我很期待你配上熏肉后的成果。 |
-Sheldon: As do I。 | 我也是。 |
—Leonard:You know, I'm sure if you just apologize to Gablehauser, he would give you your job back。 | 我相信只要你跟Gablehauser道歉,他会让你回去工作的。 |
-Sheldon: I don't want my job back。 | 我不想回去工作. |
I’ve spent the past three and a half years staring at grease boards full of equations. | 过去三年半时间我都在瞪着写满方程式的板子上。 |
Before that, I spent four years working on my thesis。 | 在那之前我花了四年时间写论文. |
Before that, I was in college, and before that, I was in the fifth grade. | 在那之前我在上大学,而在大学之前我在上5年级。 |
This is my first day off in decades and I'm going to savor it。 | 这是我十几年来第一次休息,我要好好享受。 |
-Leonard:Okay。 I’ll let you get back to fixing your eggs。 | 好吧,那你回去弄你的鸡蛋吧。 |
—Sheldon: Not just fixing my eggs, I'm fixing everyone’s eggs。 | 不只是我的鸡蛋,弄的是全人类的蛋. |
—Leonard:And we all thank you. | 我们都感激你. |
-Sheldon: Use new eggs。 | 要用新鲜鸡蛋。 |
—Penny:hi. Hey, I’m running out to the market。 | 嗨,我正要去超市。 |
Do you guys need anything | 你们要带什么吗 |
-Sheldon: Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence。 | 这就是那些不熟悉数学规律的人会称之为巧合的事件之一了. |
—Penny:I'm sorry | 你说什么 |
-Sheldon: I need eggs。 | 我要蛋。 |
Four dozen should suffice. | 4打就够了. |
—Penny:Four dozen | 4打 |
-Sheldon: Yes, and evenly distributed amongst brown, white, free—range, large, extra large and jumbo. | 对,棕蛋、白蛋、走地鸡蛋、大鸡蛋、加大鸡蛋跟特大鸡蛋各要8个。 |
—Penny:Okay, one more time. | 好,再说一次。 |
-Sheldon: Never mind。 You won't get it right。 | 算了,你肯定搞不对。 |
I’d better come with you. | 我最好跟你一起去。 |
—Penny:Oh, yeah。 | 好呀。 |
How come you didn't go into work today | 你今天怎么没去上班 |
—Sheldon: I'm taking a sabbatical because I won't kowtow to mediocre minds。 | 我在休假,因为我不愿向平庸之流屈服。 |
-Penny:So you got canned, huh | 你给开除了 |
-Sheldon: Theoretical physicists do not get canned。。。 but yeah。 | 理论上说物理学家不会给开除。。.但你说对了. |
-Penny:Well, maybe it's all for the best. | 可能这样最好。 |
You know, I always say when one door closes, another one opens. | 我相信一扇门关上了总会有另外一扇门打开的。 |
-Sheldon: No, it doesn’t. | 不,不是的。 |
Not unless the two doors are connected by relays or there are motion sensors involved。 | 除非两扇门用继电器连接或者装有传感器。 |
—Penny:No, no, I meant.。。 | 不,我是说。。。 |
—Sheldon: or if the first door closing creates a change of air pressure that acts upon the second door。 | 或者一扇门关上时产生的空气压力作用于第二扇门引致。。。 |
版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系QQ:729038198,我们将在24小时内删除。
发表评论