书虫经典好句
However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names.
不论你的生活如何卑贱,你要面对它生活,不要躲避它,更别用恶言咒骂它。
It is not so bad as you are.
它不像你那样坏。
It looks poorest when you are richest.
你最富有的时候,倒是看似最穷。
The fault-finder will find faults in paradise.
爱缺点的人就是到天堂里也能到缺点。
Love your life, poor as it is.
你要爱你的生活,尽管它贫穷。
You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hourss, even in a poor-house.
甚至在一个济贫院里,你也还有愉快、高兴、光荣的时候。
The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the alms-house as brightly as from the rich man's abode;
夕阳反射在济贫院的窗上,像身在富户人家窗上一样光亮;
the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.
在那门前,积雪同在早春融化。
I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there, and have as cheering thoughts, as in
a palace.
我只看到,一个从容的人,在哪里也像在皇宫中一样,生活得心满意足而富有愉快的思想。The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.
城镇中的穷人,我看,倒往往是过着最独立不羁的生活。
May be they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.
也许因为他们很伟大,所以受之无愧。
Most think that they are above being supported by the town;
大多数人以为他们是超然的,不靠城镇来支援他们;
but it often happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means. which should be more disreputable.
可是事实上他们是往往利用了不正当的手段来对付生活,他们是毫不超脱的,毋宁是不体面的。
Cultivate poverty like a garden herb, like sage.
视贫穷如园中之花而像圣人一样耕植它吧!
Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends, Turn the old, return to them.
不要新的花样,无论是新的朋友或新的衣服,来麻烦你自己。
Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.
旧的,回到那里去。万物不变,是我们在变。你的衣服可以卖掉,但要保留你的思想。\ .Love / 爱情
I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.
我爱你,不是因为你是一个怎样的人,而是因为我喜欢与你在一起时的感觉。
No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is , won't make you cry.
没有人值得你流泪,值得让你这么做的人不会让你哭泣。
The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them. 失去某人,最糟糕的莫过于,他近在身旁,却犹如远在天边。
Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.
纵然伤心,也不要悉眉不展,因为你不知是谁会爱上你的笑容。
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某人,你是他的整个世界。
Don't waste your time on a man/woman, who isn't willing to waste their time on you.
不要为那些不愿在你身上花费时间的人而浪费你的时间。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with
all they have.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Don't try to hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.
不要着急,最好的总会在最不经意的时候出现。
Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally
meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.
在遇到梦中人之前,上天也许会安排我们先遇到别人;在我们终于遇见心仪的人时,便应当心存感激。
Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.
不要因为结束而哭泣,微笑吧,为你的曾经拥有。
Life is a pure flame, and we live by an invisible sun within us.
-------Sir Thomas Browne
“生命是束纯净的火焰,我们依靠自己内心看不见的太阳而存在。”
clothes中文
--------托马斯。布朗爵士  A Forever Friend / 永远的朋友
"A friend walk in when the rest of the world walks out."
"别人都走开的时候,朋友仍与你在一起。”
Sometimes in life, You find a special friend;
有时候在生活中,你会到一个特别的朋友;
Someone who changes your life just by being part of it.
他只是你生活中的一部分内容,却能改变你整个的生活。
Someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop;
他会把你逗得开怀大笑;
Someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world.
他会让你相信人间有真情。
Someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it. 他会让你确信,真的有一扇不加锁的门,在等待着你去开启。
This is Forever Friendship.
这就是永远的友谊。
when you're down,
当你失意,
and the world seems dark and empty,
当世界变得黯淡与空虚,
Your forever friend lifts you up in spirits and makes that dark and empty world suddenly seem bright and full.
你真正的朋友会让你振作起来,原本黯淡、空虚的世界顿时变得明亮和充实。
Your forever friend gets you through the hard times,the sad times,and the confused times. 你真正的朋友会与你一同度过困难、伤心和烦恼的时刻。
If you turn and walk away,
你转身走开时,
Your forever friend follows,
真正的朋友会紧紧相随,
If you lose you way,
你迷失方向时,
Your forever friend guides you and cheers you on.
真正的朋友会引导你,鼓励你。
Your forever friend holds your hand and tells you that everything is going to be okay.
真正的朋友会握着你的手,告诉你一切都会好起来的。
And if you find such a friend,
如果你到了这样的朋友,
You feel happy and complete,
你会快乐,觉得人生完整,
Because you need not worry,
因为你无需再忧虑。
Your have a forever friend for life,
你拥有了一个真正的朋友,
And forever has no end.
永永远远,永无止境。
A psalm of life / 人生礼颂--- Herry Wadsworth Longfellow/享利. 沃兹渥斯. 朗费罗Tell me not in mournful numbers, 请别用哀伤的诗句对我讲;
Life is but an empty dream! 人生呵,无非是虚梦一场!
For the soul is dead that slumbers 因为沉睡的灵魂如死一般,
And things are not what they seem. 事物的表里并不一样。
Life is real! Life is earnest! 人生是实在的!人生是热烈的!
And the grave is not its goal; 人生的目标决不是坟墓;
Dust thou art , to dust returnest, 你是尘土,应归于尘土。
Was not spoken of the soul. 此话指的并不是我们的精神。
Not enjoyment , and not sorrow, 我们的归宿并不是快乐,
Is our destined and our way; 也不是悲伤,
But to act, 实干
That much to-morrow. 才是我们的道路,
Find us farther than to-day. 每天不断前进,蒸蒸蒸日上。
Art is long , and time is fleeting. 光阴易逝,而艺海无涯,
And our hearts , though stout and brave. 我们的心哪——虽然勇敢坚强,
Still , like muffled drums , are beating 却像被布蒙住的铜鼓,
Funeral marches to the grave。常把殡葬的哀乐擂响。
In the world’s broad field of battle, 在这人生的宿营地,
In the bivouac of Life, 在这辽阔的世界战场,
Be not like dumb, driven cattle! 别做无言的牲畜任人驱赶,
Be a hero in the strife! 做一名英雄汉立马横!
Trust no future. howe’er pleasant! 别相信未来,哪怕未来多么欢乐!
Let the dead Past bury its dead! 让死去的往昔将死亡一切埋葬!
Act, act in the living Present! 上帝在上,我们胸怀勇气,
Heart within, and God O’erhead! 行动吧———趁现在活着的好时光!
Lives of great men all remind us 伟人的生平使我们想起,
We can make our lives sublime, 我们能使自己的一生变得高尚!
And departing, leave behind us 当我们辞别人间,
Footprints on the sands of time; 能把足迹留在时间的流沙上,
Footprints that perhaps another, 也许有个遭了船灾的苦难弟兄,
Sailing o’er life solemn main, 他曾在庄严的人生大海中飘航,
A forlorn and shipwrecked brother, 见到我们的脚印,
Seeing, shall take heart again, 又会满怀信心。
Let us, then, be up and doing, 让我们起来干吧,
With a heart for any fate; 下定决心,不管遭遇怎样;
Still achieving, still pursuing 不断胜利,不断追求,
Learn to labour and to wait. 要学会苦干和耐心等待。
.YOUTH
Samuel Ullman
Youth is not a time of life;it is a state of mind;it is not a matter of rosy cheeks,red lips and supple knees;it is a matter of the will,a quality of the imagination,a vigor of the emotions;it is the freshness of the deep springs of life.
Youth means a tempera-mental predominance of courage over timidity,of the appetite for adventure
over the love of ease. This often exists in a man of 60 more than a boy of 20. Nobody grows old merely by a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals.
Years may wrinkle the skin,but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul,Worry,fear,self-distrust bows the heart and turns the spring back to dust.
Whether 60 or 16,there is in every human being‘s heart the lure of wonder,the unfailing childlike appetite of what’s next and the joy of the game of living. In the center of your heart and my heart there is a wireless station:so long as it receives messages of beauty,hope,cheer,courage and power from men and from the Infinite,so long are you young.
When the aerials are down,and your spirit is covered with snows of cynicism and the ice of pessimism,then you are grown old,even at 20,but as long as your aerials are up,to catch waves of optimism,there is hope you may die young at 80.
青春
塞缪尔·厄尔曼
青春不是年华,而是心境;青春不是桃面、丹唇、柔膝,而是深沉的意志,恢宏的想象,炙热的恋情;
青春是生命的深泉在涌流。
青春气贯长虹,勇锐盖过怯弱,进取压倒苟安。如此锐气,二十后生而有之,六旬男子则更多见。年岁有加,并非垂老,理想丢弃,方堕暮年。
岁月悠悠,衰微只及肌肤;热忱抛却,颓废必致灵魂。忧烦,惶恐,丧失自信,定使心灵扭曲,意气如灰。
无论年届花甲,拟或二八芳龄,心中皆有生命之欢乐,奇迹之诱惑,孩童般天真久盛不衰。人人心中皆有一台天线,只要你从天上人间接受美好、希望、欢乐、勇气和力量的信号,你就青春永驻,风华常存。
一旦天线下降,锐气便被冰雪覆盖,玩世不恭、自暴自弃油然而生,即使年方二十,实已垂垂老矣;然则只要树起天线,捕捉乐观之风,即使80告别尘世之时仍觉年轻。The farthest distance in the world
世界上最遥远的距离
不是生与死的距离
而是我站在你面前你不知道我爱你
The farthest distance in the world
Is not the distance between life and death
But you don't know I love you when I stand in front of you
世界上最遥远的距离
不是爱到痴迷却不能说我爱你
而是想你痛彻心扉却只能深埋心底
The farthest distance in the world
Is not I cannot say I love you when I love you so madly
But I can only bury it in my heart dispite the unbearable yearning
世界上最遥远的距离
不是想你痛彻心扉却只能深埋心底
而是彼此相爱却不能够在一起
The farthest distance in the world
Is not I can only bury it in my heart dispite the unbearable yearning
But we cannot be together when we love each other
世界上最遥远的距离
不是彼此相爱却不能够在一起
而是明知道真爱无敌却装作毫不在意
The farthest distance in the world
Is not we cannot be together when we love each other
But we pretend caring nothing even we know love is unconquerable
世界上最遥远的距离
不是树与树的距离
而是同根生长的树枝却无法在风中相依
The farthest distance in the world
Is not the distance between two trees
But the branches cannot depend on each other in wind even they grow from the same root
世界上最遥远的距离不是树枝无法相依
而是相互了望的星星却没有交汇的轨迹
The farthest distance in the world
Is not the braches cannot depend on each other
But two stars cannot meet even they watch each other
世界上最遥远的距离
不是星星之间的轨迹
而是纵然轨迹交汇却在转瞬间无处寻觅

版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系QQ:729038198,我们将在24小时内删除。