Useful Expressions for Conference
1. Address/Greeting(致辞、问候)
(1)尊敬的胡主席/温总理
Honorable chairman Hu, Honorable premier Wen,
主席还可以用: Your Excellency or His / Her Excellency
千万不可用respected; 若是国王,一般用Your Majesty.
(2)尊敬的王大使/裴校长
Your Honor ambassador Wang / principal Pei.
Honorable ambassador Wang / principal Pei.
(3)各位嘉宾
Distinguished guests.
2. Pleasure(客套话)
(1)很高兴和大家相聚一堂,共商教育大计
It’s my great pleasure to gather together with you and talk about education.
I’m pleasure to be here with you to talk about education.
(2)很高兴能请到韩市长来参加我们的会议
It’s my great pleasure to have Mayor Han with us today.
It’s our great honor to have Mayor Han with us today.
要用have sb. with us 句型; 千万不能用invite.
(3)很高兴能认识您
It’s my pleasure to get to know you.
It’s my pleasure to meet you.
It’s my pleasure to your acquaintance.
3. Welcome
(1)我谨代表我公司全体员工向来自太平洋彼岸的朋友们表示热烈的欢迎。
I would like to extend the warm welcome to the friends from the other side of pacific ocean on behalf of all of my colleagues.
(2)我一踏上中国这块土地,就受到中国人民的热情欢迎和盛情款待。
The moment I set my foot on this land, I receive the warm welcome and hospitality.
(3)孔子曰:有朋自远方来,不亦乐乎?
Confucious said, isn’t it a great pleasure to have friends come from afar?
4. Thanks
(1)谢谢您亲自专程赶来接待我!
Thank you very much for coming all the way to meeting me here.
receive 是接待; pick sb. up 是开车接某人。
(2)感谢各位在百忙之中拔冗光临我们的会议!
Thank you all for take time off your busy schedule to be here.
(3)感谢东道主对我们的盛情邀请和热情款待!
I’d like to thank the host for this gracious invitation and warm hospitality.
感谢胡校长的精彩演讲。
Thanks for wonderful speech of principal Hu.
5.Wishes
(1)祝您身体健康,万事如意!
I’d like to wish everybody here all the best.
I wish all my friends healthy and all the best.
(2)祝本次大会取得圆满成功!
I’d like to wish this conference a complete success.
Finally, I wish this conference a complete success.
(3)祝您旅途愉快,一路平安!
I’d like to wish you a pleasant and uneventful trip/journey.
用uneventful比safe更好。
6.Invitation
(1)下面有请王教授上台发言
I’ll give the floor to professor Wang.
uneventfulI’ll give the MIC to professor Wang.
Now let's welcome professor Wang to make a speech.
英语习惯中welcome sb. to do sth.使用较少,尤其英国英语。
(2)请各位与我一起举杯,为我们的友谊和健康,干杯!
Now please join me in the toast to our friendship and health, cheers!
Now I propose a toast to our friendship …
Bottle up! Half bottle.
(3)今天,我们很荣幸地邀请到了刘书记来参加我们的会议。
Today, we are honored to have secretary/director Liu with us today.
由于书记带有政治彩,一般用director更多一些.
7.Others
(1)海内存知己,天涯若比邻
Long distance separates no bosom/best friends.
As a Chinese saying goes, long distance separates no bosom/best friends.
(2)您路途过得如何?
How is your journey?
Did you enjoy you journey?
(3)我希望您在这里过得愉快!
I wish you enjoy your stay here!
I wish you enjoy yourself here!
(4)请代我向你的家人问好。
Please give/express my regards to your family.
(5)我们又见面了。
Nice to meet/see you again.
Small world, isn’t it?
(6)在这离别的时刻,我们都有一种恋恋不舍之情。
At this departing moment, we are all reluctant to say goodbye.
reluctant在此相当传神。
(7)在这美丽无比的金秋季节,我们在北京迎来了第四次妇女大会的召开。
In this beautiful autumn season, we are convening here today to open the fourth/4th world conference of women.
(8)在这春暖花开的季节,我们迎来了世界各地的朋友。
In this warm spring/blossoming season, we have friends here coming from all of the world.
十月的北京,金秋送爽 In this beautiful autumn season of October.
(9)值此春节来临之际,我祝大家心想事成,万事如意。
On the occasion of the spring festival, I wish all of you / everybody make your dream come true, all the best.
版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系QQ:729038198,我们将在24小时内删除。
发表评论