My mind is all, just a body attachment.
头脑是我的一切,身体只是一个附件。
(Human is small, and the work is everything. 人类是渺小的,工作才是一切)
1. One should always look for a possible alternative and provide against it. It is the first rule of criminal investigation.
犯罪调查的第一法则就是: 你必须寻各种可能解释事情的方法,然后想办法看看能否试图推翻它。
犯罪调查的第一法则就是: 你必须寻各种可能解释事情的方法,然后想办法看看能否试图推翻它。
2. It is a mistake to confound strangeness with mystery
将异常的东西和神秘混淆起来是十分错误的。
将异常的东西和神秘混淆起来是十分错误的。
3. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
在没有事实作为参考以前妄下猜测(论点)是个很可怕的错误.感觉不正确的人总是用事实去套自己固有的猜测(论点),而不是按正确的方法根据得到的事实来推导结论,看它能否吻合已得到的事
在没有事实作为参考以前妄下猜测(论点)是个很可怕的错误.感觉不正确的人总是用事实去套自己固有的猜测(论点),而不是按正确的方法根据得到的事实来推导结论,看它能否吻合已得到的事
实.
4. There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact
没有什么比一个显而易见的事实更能迷惑人了. 。
没有什么比一个显而易见的事实更能迷惑人了. 。
5. I never make an exception. An exception disproves the rule
我从不假设例外,例外会打破调查的原则。
我从不假设例外,例外会打破调查的原则。
6 .You see, but you do not observe
你是在看,而不是在观察。
你是在看,而不是在观察。
7. Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore, it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell.
犯罪是普遍的,而逻辑是难得的.因此,你思考是更该关注逻辑上的成立多于犯罪本身。
犯罪是普遍的,而逻辑是难得的.因此,你思考是更该关注逻辑上的成立多于犯罪本身。
8. Any truth is better than indefinite doubt
任何确实得到的事实都要强于不确定的猜测。
任何确实得到的事实都要强于不确定的猜测。
9. In solving a problem of this sort, the grant thing is to be able to reason backwards
在解决这类问题时,先前假定的观点必须能够向前回溯成立。
在解决这类问题时,先前假定的观点必须能够向前回溯成立。
10. The more bizarre a thing is, the less mysterious it proves to be
越是稀奇古怪的东西,通常包含隐密的成分越少.
越是稀奇古怪的东西,通常包含隐密的成分越少.
11. Some people without possessing genius have a remarkable power of stimulating it
一些缺乏天赋的人却拥有一种非凡的激发别人(也就是指福自己啦)灵感的力量
一些缺乏天赋的人却拥有一种非凡的激发别人(也就是指福自己啦)灵感的力量
12. I never guess. It is a shocking habit
我从不猜测.那是破坏思维的坏习惯...
我从不猜测.那是破坏思维的坏习惯...
13. Depend upon it, there is nothing so unnatural as the commonplace
鉴于此,我想说,sort of things什么意思没有比平凡的事物更不寻常,更值得研究了.
鉴于此,我想说,sort of things什么意思没有比平凡的事物更不寻常,更值得研究了.
14. It is my business to know things. Perhaps, I have trained myself to see what others overlook.
我就是以了解事物为生di.也许我已经把自己训练得能看穿别人看过却会忽略的东西了.
我就是以了解事物为生di.也许我已经把自己训练得能看穿别人看过却会忽略的东西了.
15. You can never foretell what any one man will do, but you can say with precision what an average number will be up to. Individuals vary, but percentages remain constant
你永远不可能预言任何一个单个的人将要做什么,但你却可以对人类做出准确的定性的评价.个别总可能是特例的异常,可总的来说,就是那样.
你永远不可能预言任何一个单个的人将要做什么,但你却可以对人类做出准确的定性的评价.个别总可能是特例的异常,可总的来说,就是那样.
16. Where there is no imagination, there is no horror.
恐惧来自于想象(或者说,恐惧来自于未知?)
17. Not possibly removes, is left over, even if is again impossible, is also the truth
去掉不可能的,剩下的即使再不可能,也是真相
去掉不可能的,剩下的即使再不可能,也是真相
18. I have a curious constitution. I never remember feeling tired by work, though idleness exhausts me completely.
我的体质非常特别。工作的时候一点儿也不觉得累,如果闲着无事反而会使我委顿不堪了。
我的体质非常特别。工作的时候一点儿也不觉得累,如果闲着无事反而会使我委顿不堪了。
19. My mind rebels at stagnation.
我好动不好静,一遇无事可做的时候,我就会心绪不宁起来。
我好动不好静,一遇无事可做的时候,我就会心绪不宁起来。
20. I crave for mental exaltation.
我追求精神上的兴奋。
我追求精神上的兴奋。
21. I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for?
不用动脑筋,我就活不下去
不用动脑筋,我就活不下去
22. Women are never to be entirely trusted - not the best of them.
即使是最好的女人,也决不能完全信赖她们。
即使是最好的女人,也决不能完全信赖她们。
23. Love is an emotional thing, and whatever is emotional is opposed to that true cold reason which I place above all things. I should never marry myself, lest I bias my judgment.
可是爱情是一种情感的事情,和我认为是最重要的冷静思考是有矛盾的。我永远不会结婚,以免影响我的判断力。
可是爱情是一种情感的事情,和我认为是最重要的冷静思考是有矛盾的。我永远不会结婚,以免影响我的判断力。
24. The emotional qualities are antagonistic to clear reasoning.
感情作用会影响清醒的理智。
感情作用会影响清醒的理智。
25. Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.(When you ha
ve eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
除去一切不可能 余下的无论多么不合理都是真相)
除去其他的因素,剩下的必是事实了。
除去一切不可能 余下的无论多么不合理都是真相)
除去其他的因素,剩下的必是事实了。
26. How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?
我不是曾经和你说过多少次吗,当你把绝不可能的因素都除出去以后,不管剩下的是什么――不管是多么难以相信的事――那就是实情吗?
我不是曾经和你说过多少次吗,当你把绝不可能的因素都除出去以后,不管剩下的是什么――不管是多么难以相信的事――那就是实情吗?
27. Detection is, or ought to be, an exact science and should be treated in the same cold and unemotional manner.
侦探术是――或者应当是一种精确的科学,应当用同样冷静而不是感情用事的方法来研究它。
侦探术是――或者应当是一种精确的科学,应当用同样冷静而不是感情用事的方法来研究它。
版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系QQ:729038198,我们将在24小时内删除。
发表评论