-Leonard: On the other hand, some physicists are concerned that if this supercollider actually works, it'll create a black hole and swallow up the Earth, ending life as we know it. | 另一方面一些物理学家认为如果这种超加速器起作用了,会产生一个黑洞,然后如我们所知的,吞噬地球,结束一切生命。 |
-Rajesh: What a bunch of crybabies. | 真是一惜命鬼。 |
No guts, no glory, man. | 不入虎穴,焉得虎子嘛。 |
-Leonard: Hey, check it out. The School of Pharmacology is looking for volunteers. | 嘿,你看。药理学院在招募志愿者。 |
-Rajesh: We are testing a new medication for social anxiety, panic attacks, agoraphobia and obsessive compulsive disorder." | 我们在试验一种,社交焦虑症,恐慌失措,恐旷症与强迫症的新药 |
Why would they be looking for test subjects here? | 他们为何会在这试验对象? |
-Leonard: I don't know, Raj. | 我不知道,Raj。 |
Maybe the comic book store doesn't have a bulletin board. | 也许漫画店没有公告栏。 |
What's going on? | 怎么了? |
-Howard: Shh, shh, hot girl in Sheldon's office. | 嘘,嘘,Sheldon的办公室里有个辣妹。 |
-Leonard: Sheldon's office? | Sheldon的办公室? |
Is she lost? | 她迷路了么? |
-Howard: I don't think so. | 我觉得不是。 |
I followed her here from the parking lot. | 我从停车场一直跟踪她过来的。 |
-Leonard: Maybe she's his lawyer. | 也许她是他的律师。 |
-Howard: Well, she's free to examine my briefs. | 她可以免费检查我的内裤。 |
-Leonard: Howard | Howard。 |
-Howard: I know, I'm disgusting. I should by her. | 我知道,我很恶心,我真该被惩罚...被她。 |
Oh, look, I did it again. | 噢,瞧啊,我又来了。 |
-Missy: That should do it. | 这样应该行了。 |
-Sheldon: Thank you for coming by. | 谢谢你特意跑一趟。 |
-Sheldon: Hello. | 你们好。 |
-Leonard: Oh, hey, | 嘿,兄弟... |
-Sheldon: ? | 兄弟...? |
-Howard: Sorry I'm late. I'm working on a project that may take me up on the next space shuttle. | 对不起,我来晚了,我刚正在搞一个项目,也许它能让我搭乘下一艘宇宙飞船。 |
-Sheldon: How can you be late? I wasn't expecting you at all. | 你怎么可能会来晚? 我根本没在等你啊。 |
-Howard: Nobody ever expects me. Sometimes you just | 从来没人期待过我,有时候你就是看着然后... |
Bam! Howard Wolowitz. | 嘭! Howard Wolowitz。 |
-Leonard: Sheldon, are you going to introduce us? | Sheldon不帮我们介绍介绍? |
-Sheldon: Oh, all right. Uh, this is Missy. Missy, this is Leonard and Rajesh, and you've already met Howard. | 好吧,这位是Missy Missy,这是Leonard和Rajesh,还有你认识了的Howard。 |
-Missy: It's nice to meet you. | 见到你很高兴。 |
-Leonard: You, too, as Well, also. | 我也是,也是,也是。 |
-Howard: Yeah. | 对了。 |
-Leonard: So, how do you two know each other? | 那么你们俩是怎么认识的? |
-Missy: Oh, he once spent nine months with my legs wrapped around his head. | 曾经有九个月时间我的腿绕着他的头。 |
-Leonard: Excuse me? | 什么? |
-Sheldon: She's my twin sister. She thinks she's funny, but frankly, I've never been able to see it. | 他是我的双胞胎妹妹,她以为自己很幽默,但显然我从来理解不了她的笑话。 |
-Missy: That's because you have no measurable sense of humor, Shelly. | 那是因为你的幽默感低得测量不出来,Shelly。 |
-Sheldon: How exactly would one measure a sense of humor? | 幽默感到底是怎么测量的? |
A humormometer? | sort out什么意思中文意思幽默计? |
-Howard: Well, I think you're delightfully droll. | 我觉得你是个非常有趣的人。 |
Or, as the French say,trs drale. | 或者像法国人说的très drole。 |
-Missy: Okay, so let me see if I got this. | 好吧,看我记住了没有。 |
Leonard, Howard | Leonard Howard 还有... |
I'm sorry, what was your name again? | 不好意思你叫什么名字来着? |
-Sheldon: Rajesh. | Rajesh。 |
-Leonard: So, Missy what brings you out away from Texas? | 那么Missy是什么风把你从田纳西吹来了? |
-Howard: Was it perhaps destiny? I think it was destiny. | 也许这是命运? 我想这就是命运。 |
-Missy: My friend's getting married at Disneyland tomorrow night. | 我的朋友明晚要在迪斯尼乐园举行婚礼 |
-Howard: Destiny, thy name is Anaheim. | 命运啊他的名字叫阿纳海姆。 |
-Missy: And I had to drop off some papers for Shelly to sign for my dad's estate. | 而且不得不顺便带过来一些我父亲的地产文件给Shelly签字。 |
-Sheldon: The papers could've been mailed. | 文件可以寄过来的。 |
Mom just sent you here to spy on me, didn't she? | 妈妈让你过来监视我的,是不是? |
-Missy: I guess that's why they call you a genius. | 我想这就是为何他们叫你天才。 |
-Sheldon: They call me a genius because I'm a genius. | 他们叫我天才是因为我就是个天才。 |
Tell Mom that I currently weigh 165 pounds and that I'm having regular bowel movements. | 告诉妈妈我现在体重165磅,还有我排便运动很规律。 |
Enjoy the wedding. Good-bye. | 祝你参加婚礼玩得开心。再见。 |
-Leonard: Whoa, whoa. Whoa, whoa. If the wedding's not until tomorrow, why don't you stay with us tonight? | 哇,哇,哇,噢,如果婚礼在明天为何今晚不和我们住一起呢? |
-Missy: Oh, I don't think so. | 我不这样想。 |
Shelly doesn't like company. Even as a little boy, he'd send his imaginary friends home at the end of the day. | Shelly 不喜欢有伴甚至当他还是个小男孩时,傍晚时他连他想象的朋友都会送回家。 |
-Sheldon: They were not friends. They were imaginary colleagues. | 不是朋友,是想象的同事。 |
-Leonard: Look, you're here. We have plenty of room. | 瞧啊,你既然已经来了,我们有足够的房间. |
-Sheldon: No, we don't. | 不,我们没有。 |
-Howard: Come on, Shelly. She's family. | 别闹,Shelly,她是自家人。 |
-Sheldon: So what, I don't issue invitations to your mother. | 那又如何我也不会邀请你的妈妈。 |
-Missy: Well, it would be nice not to have to drive to Anaheim in rush hour. | 好吧,不用在交通高峰时段开车去阿纳海姆也挺好的。 |
-Sheldon: And don't ever call me Shelly. | 还有,别再叫我Shelly。 |
-Leonard: So it's settled: you'll stay with us. | 那就这样办,你和我们呆在一起。 |
-Howard: Yeah, I'll walk you to your car. You're in structure 3, level C, right? | 好耶,我陪你去取车,在3号停车场C区,对吧? |
-Sheldon: What just happened? | 刚刚发生了什么事? |
-Missy: So anyway, we're eight years old and Sheldon converts my Easy Bake Oven to some kind of high-powered furnace. | 总之,我们8岁的时候,Sheldon把我的简易烤箱改装成了高能熔炉。 |
-Leonard: Just classic. | 真经典。 |
-Sheldon: I need a place to fire ceramic semiconductor substrates for homemade integrated circuits. | 我得个地方为自制的集成电路烤制陶瓷半导体基底。 |
-Missy: He was trying to build some sort of armed robot to keep me out of his room. | 他当时想制造某种武装机器人把我挡在他的房门外面。 |
-Sheldon: Made necessary by her insistence on going into my room. | 因为她总坚持要进我房间。 |
-Missy: Anyway, I go to make those little corn muffins they give you. | 总之,别人给了我些小玉米松饼,我想拿去烤。 |
There's a big flash. Next thing you know my eyebrows are gone. | 只见一道闪光,接下来我的眉毛不见了。 |
-Howard: Not your eyebrows. | 不会吧,你的眉毛。 |
-Missy: Yep, I had to go through the entire second grade with crooked eyebrows my mom drew on. | 是的,后来我整个二年级,只能让妈妈给我画上扭曲的眉毛。 |
-Sheldon: Is that what that was? | 事实是那样的么? |
I just assumed that the second grade curriculum had rendered you quizzical. | 我还以为是二年级的课程弄得你愁眉苦脸的呢。 |
-Penny: Hey, Leonard, you left your underwear in the dryer downstairs. | 嘿,Leonard你把你的内裤忘在楼下的烘干机里了。 |
-Leonard: Those are not mine. | 那不是我的。 |
-Penny: Really? They have your little name label in them. | 真的么?里面还有你名字的标签呢。 |
-Leonard: no, I... I use those, uh, just to polish up my spear fishing equipment. | 这样啊... 不我是... 我... 我用那些呃,只是擦亮我的渔装备。 |
I spear fish. When I'm not crossbow hunting, I spear fish. | 我猎鱼。我不用弯弩狩猎的时候,就猎鱼。 |
Uh, Penny, this is Sheldon's twin sister, Missy. | 呃,Penny,这位是Sheldon的双胞胎妹妹Missy。 |
Missy, this is our neighbor, Penny. | Missy,这是我们的邻居Penny。 |
-Penny: Hi. Wow, you don't look that much alike. | 你好,哇喔,你们两个可不怎么像啊。 |
-Howard: Can I get a hallelujah? | 我能不能大叫哈利路亚? |
-Sheldon: Fraternal twins come from two separate eggs. | 异卵双胞胎来源于两个不同的卵子。 |
They are no more alike than any other siblings. | 他们并不比其他的兄弟妹相似。 |
-Howard: Hallelujah! | 哈利路亚! |
-Rajesh: Hey, guess what. I've been accepted as a test subject for a new miracle drug to overcome pathological shyness. | 嘿,知道么,我参与了新药物试验该药对病理性羞怯有奇效呢。 |
-Penny: Oh, good for you, Raj. | 太好了,Raj。 |
-Rajesh: Yes, I'm very hopeful. Hello, Missy. | 对啊,我觉得很有希望。你好,Missy。 |
They mentioned there may be side effects. | 他们提到可能会有副作用。 |
So, Missy, have you ever met a man from the exotic subcontinent of India? | 那么Missy你以前见过从异国大陆印度来的男人么? |
-Missy: Well, there's Dr. Patel at our church. | 我们教堂有个Patel博士。 |
-Rajesh: Ah, yes, Patel-- good man. | 是呀 Patel-- 好人。 |
版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系QQ:729038198,我们将在24小时内删除。
发表评论