Unit 3百万英镑
THE MILLION POUND BANK NOTE
Act I, Scene 3
第一幕第3场
NARRATOR:
旁白:
It is the summer of 1903.
1903年的夏天。
Two old and wealthy brothers, Roderick and Oliver, have made a bet.
一对年老又富有的兄弟,罗德里克和奥利 弗,打了一个赌。
Oliver believes that with a million pound bank note
奥利弗认为,一个人靠一张百万英镑的钞票
a man could survive a month in London.
在伦敦能活一个月。
His brother Roderick doubts it.
他的兄弟罗德里克对此表示怀疑。
At this moment, they see a penniless young man wandering on the pavement outside their house.
这时,他们看见一个身无分文的年轻人在房 子外面的人行道上游荡。
It is Henry Adams, an American businessman,
他叫亨利•亚当斯,一个美国商人。
who is lost in London and does not know what he should do.
他在伦敦迷了路,不知道该怎么办。
RODERICK: Young man, would you step inside a moment, please?
罗德里克:年轻人,请你进来一下好吗?
HENRY: Who? Me, sir?
亨利:先生,你叫谁呀?是叫我吗?
RODERICK: Yes, you.
罗德里克:是的,就是你。
OLIVER: Through the front door on your left.
奥利弗:从你左侧的前门进来。
HENRY: (A servant opens a door) Thanks. 亨利:(仆人给他开门)谢谢。
SERVANT: Good morning, sir. Would you please come in?
仆人:早上好,先生,请进。
Permit me to lead the way, sir.
先生,请让我来带路吧。
OLIVER: (Henry enters) Thank you, James.
That will be alL
奥利弗:
(亨利走进来)谢谢你,
没你的事了。
RODERICK: How do you do, Mr ... er ...?
罗德里克:你好,先生。你贵姓?
HENRY: Adams. Henry Adams.
亨利:亚当斯。亨利•亚当斯。
OLIVER: Come and sit down, Mr Adams.
奥利弗:来,请坐,亚当斯先生。
HENRY: Thank you.
亨利:谢谢。
RODERICK: You're an American?
罗德里克:你是美国人?
HENRY: That's right, from San Francisco>
亨利:是的,从旧金山来。
RODERICK: How well do you know London?
罗德里克:你对伦敦熟悉吗?
HENRY: Not at all, it's my first trip here.
亨利:一点儿也不熟,这是我第一次来伦敦。sortout翻译
RODERICK: I wonder, Mr Adams, if you'd mind us asking a few questions.
罗德里克:亚当斯先生,不知你是否介意我 们问几个问题?
HENRY: Not at all. Go right ahead.
版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系QQ:729038198,我们将在24小时内删除。
发表评论