Lesson Twenty
Section One:
Tapescript.
Dialogue 1:
-Excuse me,but could you tell me the way to the cinema,please?
-打扰一下,请问您能告诉我去电影院的路吗?
-No,I'm sorry I can't. I'm a stranger in these parts. But why don't you ask that man with a beard?He'll be able to tell you, I'm sure.
-不,对不起我不知道。在这儿,我也是个陌生人。但是你为什么不问问那位有胡子的男士?我确信他可以告诉你。
-Which one do you mean?
-您指的是哪位?
-Look,the one over there,by the lamp-post.
-看,那边在灯杆旁的那位。
-Ah,yes.I can see him now. Thank you very much.
-好的。我现在可以看见他了。非常感谢您。
-Not at all.
-不用谢!
Dialogue2:
-You are not eating your breakfast.
-你没有在吃你的早餐。
-I don't feel very well.
-我感觉不太好。
-
Oh,dear,what's the matter?
-亲爱的,怎么了?
-I got a terrible headache.
-我头疼的厉害。
-You must go back to bed. You look quite ill.
-你必须回床上去。你看起来病得不轻。
-I don't want to cause any bother. I'd rather work it off.
-我不想引起任何麻烦。我宁愿工作不休息。
-Out of the question. You must go to bed and keep warm.
-不可能。你必须上床睡觉,保持温暖。
Dialogue 3:
-
I'm sorry to bother you. Can you tell me where War and Peace is showing?
-对不起,打扰了。你能告诉我《战争与和平》正在哪里上映吗?
-Yes.At the Empire Cinema.
-可以。在帝国影院。
-Would you know when it starts?
-你知道什么时候开始吗?
-No.I can't tell you when it begins. But I know how you can find out.It's here in this Entertainment's Guide.
-不。我不知道它什么时候开始。但是我知道你怎么能到它。它就在这本娱乐指南里。
-Can you show me which page is it on?
-你能给我看看它在哪一页吗?
-Certainly.But I'm not sure whether you want to go early or late.
-当然。但是我不确定你想去得早还是晚。
Dialogue 4:
-You are up early this morning.
-你今天早晨起的真早。
-Yes. I've been out and bought a paper.
-是的。我出去买了一份报纸。
-Good. Then you'll be able to tell me what the weather's like.
-真好。那你能告诉我天气怎么样吗?
-It's raining.
-有雨。
-Oh,dear, not again.
-
天啊,不要再下了。
-Don't worry, it's not nearly as wet as it was yesterday.
-不要担心。今天远不及昨天那样潮湿。
-Thank goodness for that.
-谢天谢地!
Dialogue 5:
-Good morning. Can I see Mr.Baker,please?
-早上好。我能见见贝克先生吗?
-Have you an appointment?idea是什么意思英语翻译
-您预约了吗?
-Yes, at ten o'clock.
-
是的,约在十点。
-What's your name, please.
-请问您叫什么名字?
-Jones, Andrew Jones.
-安德鲁琼斯。
-Ah,yes. Mr.Baker is expecting you. Will you come this way, please? Mr.Baker's office is along the corridor.
-嗯,是的。贝克先生正等着你呢。请往这边走。沿着这条走廊就能到贝克先生的办公室。Dialogue 6:
-What does your friend do for a living?
-你的朋友是做什么工作的?
-She is one of those persons who look after people in a hospital.
-她是在医院里照顾病人的人员中的一员。
-Oh,I see. She is a nurse, you mean.
-噢,我明白了。你意思是她是个护士。
-Yes.That's the word I was looking for. My vocabulary is rather poor,I'm afraid.
-是的。那就是我想搜寻的那个词。不好意思,我的词汇量太缺乏了。
-Never mind. You explained that very well.
-没关系。你解释得很好。
Dialogue 7:
-What shall we do this weekend?
-这个星期,我们做什么呢?
-Let's go for a swim.
-让我们去游泳吧。
-
Where shall we go for it?
-我们去哪里游泳?
-Let's go to Long Beach. We haven't been there for a long time.
-让我们去长滩吧。我们很长时间没去那儿了。
-That's a splendid idea. I'll call for you in a car at eleven o'clock.Is that alright for you?
-那真是一个极好的主意。我会在十一点开车去接你,电话联系。你觉得行吗?
-Yes. That'll be perfect. See you tomorrow, then. Goodbye.
-好的。好极了!那么明天见,拜拜。
Dialogue 8:
-You have some black, walking shoes in the window. Would you show me a pair in size seven, please?
-你们在橱窗里摆出了一些黑的散步鞋。你们能给我拿一双7号的鞋子吗?
-Oh,dear. What a pity! There are none left in size seven. Here is a pair in a slightly different style. -天呐。很遗憾!没有7号鞋子了。这儿有一双款式稍微不同的7号鞋。
-Can I try them on?
-我能试试吗?
-Yes,of course.
-当然可以。
-I like these very much. What do they cost?
-我非常喜欢这双。多少钱?
-They cost 4.25 pounds.
-4.25英镑。
-Good. I'll have them, then.
-好。我要了。
Dialogue 9:
-Excuse me, but I must say goodbye now.
-不好意思,我现在必须要说再见了。
-Can't you stay a little longer?
-你不能再多待一会吗?
-No, I'm sorry, but I really must go. I shall miss my bus if I don't hurry.
-不了,对不起,但是我真的必须得走了。如果我不快点的话,就赶不上公交车了。
-When does your bus go?
-你的公交车什么时候走?
-At ten o'clock. Good gracious, it's already 10.15. I'll have to ask you to drive me home.
- 十点。天啊,已经十点十五了。我得麻烦你开车送我回家了。
-
That's alright, but I hope to see you again soon.
-好的,但是我希望还能很快再见到你。
-That's most kind of you.
-你太好了。
Section Two:
Tapescript
A. preferences:
woman: Which do you prefer: driving a car yourself or being a passenger?
你更喜欢哪一个?自己开车还是当乘客?
Man: Well―that depends. I enjoy driving, especially on long empty roads where I can go nice and fast. But I'm not very fond of sitting in traffic jams waiting for lights to change, and things like that.
I suppose I don't mind being a passenger, but only if I'm sure that the other person really can drive properly.
不一定。我喜欢自己开车,尤其是在空荡的马路上,我可以畅快地行驶。但是我不喜欢塞车时坐等红灯变绿,诸如此类。我认为我不介意做一个乘客,但是只有我确定那人真的可以正确驾车时。
-Woman: So you don't really like being in other people's cars,then?
-所以你不是真的喜欢坐在别人车里?
-Man: Well,as I say,it's all right with a good driver. Then I can relax,sit back and enjoy the scenery. But yes, you're right―on the whole I ce rtainly prefer driving to being a passenger.
-就像我说的,坐在一个靠谱的司机的车里是可以的。那样,我可以放松下来,坐在后面,欣赏风景。但是是的,你是对的,总体上,比起当乘客,我确实更喜欢自己开车。
B. Telephone Call:
-Hello,Allen.This is Collin speaking.
-你好,艾伦。我是科林。
-Fine.How about you?
-你好。你怎么样?
-Good. And how's Bob feeling after his holiday?
-很好啊。鲍勃在假后感觉怎么样?
-I see. I've got quite a lot to tell you.
-我想想。我有很多事要告诉你。
-I've just got engaged!
-我刚订过婚!
-Yes!No. We haven't fixed the date yet.
-啊!不。我们还没有订好日期。
-What's she like?
-
她怎么样?
-Lovely girl! We met on a bus,believe it or not.
-超级可爱的女孩。信不信由你,我们是在公交车上相识的。
-Yes. We just happened to be sitting together and got into the conversation. And we made a date for the same evening, and discovered we've got a lot in common, you know, same interests and, we laugh at the same things.
-我们坐到了一起并开始交谈。我们当天晚上就约会了,发现我们有许多共同之处。比如:相同的兴趣。我们会为同一个事物而大笑。
-No.You don't know her. Hmm. At least she doesn't know you or Bob.
-对了。你还不认识她。至少她不认识你或者鲍勃。
-Oh,about three weeks now.
-现在(我们在一起)大约已经三个星期了。
-
Well,yes.It was quite a sudden decision, but I feel really happy. I'd like you both to meet her. Now,
how about a meal together one evening soon?
-好吧。这是一个突然的决定,但我真的感到很开心。我想让你们两个见见她。哪天晚上一起吃个饭怎么样?
-Would you ask Bob to ring me?
-你叫鲍勃给我打电话,如何?
-Oh, I must go now. My boss has just come into the office. Bye.
-天呐,我现在必须要走了。我的老板刚刚进办公室了。再见。
-Oh,thanks. Bye.
-好吧,谢谢。再见。
C.Old Arthur:
Everyone knows him as Old Arthur. He lives in a little hut in the middle of a small wood, about a mile from the village. He visits the village store twice a week to buy food and paraffin, and occasionally he collects letters and his pension from the post office. A few weeks ago, a reporter from the local newspaper interviewed him. This is what he said:
每个人都知道他是老亚瑟。他住在森林中部的一个小屋中,离村庄大约一英里。他每周去村中的商店两次去买食物和石蜡,偶尔他去邮局取信和退休金。几周前,一个来自当地报社的记者采访他。这就是他说的:
I get up every morning with the birds. There is a stream near my hut and I fetch water from there. It's good, clear, fresh water, better than you get in the city. Occasionally, in the winter, I have to break the ice. I cook simple food on my old paraffin stove, mostly stews and things like that. Sometimes I go to the pub and have a drink, but I don't see many people. I don't feel lonely. I know this wood very well, you see. I know all the little birds and animals that live here and they know me. I don't have much money, but I don't need much. I think I'm a lucky man.
我每天早晨和鸟儿一起起床。我的小屋旁有一条小溪并且我从这取水。水很好,清澈,又新鲜,比你在城市里的好。在冬天的时候,我偶尔需要打破冰层。我在我老旧的石蜡炉子上做简单的饭菜。大部
分是炖的饭菜和像那样的东西。有时,我去酒吧喝一杯,但我没看见很多人。我不感觉孤单。如你所见,我非常了解这片森林。我知道住在这的所有的小鸟和小动物,并且它们也知道我。我没有很多钱但我也不需要太多。我认为我是一个幸运的人。
D.The Man Who Missed the Plane
James wrote a play for television, about an immigrant family who came to England from Pakistan, and the problems they had settling down in England. The play was surprisingly successful, and it was bought by an American TV company.
吉姆为电视台写了一个剧本,关于一个从巴基斯坦到英格兰的移民家庭和他们定居到英格兰的问题。剧本意外的很成功,并被美国的一家电视公司买走了。
James was invited to go to New York to help with the production. He lived in Dulwich, which is an hour's journey away from Heathrow. The flight was due to leave at 8:30 am, so he had to be at the airport about 7:30 in the morning. He ordered a mini-cab for 6:30, set his alarm for 5:45, and went to sleep. Unfortunately he forgot to wind the clock, and it stopped shortly after midnight. Also the driver of the mini-cab had to work very late that night and overslept.
James woke with that awful feeling that something was wrong. He looked at his alarm clock. It
版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系QQ:729038198,我们将在24小时内删除。
发表评论